India adds 1m new cases in just four days; more than 80% of Americans over 65 will have had first dose by Thursday; Pfizer confirms fake vaccine shots being sold in Mexico
- ‘The system has collapsed’: India’s descent into Covid hell
- India’s response to second wave is warning to other countries
- US hits goal of 200m vaccine doses within 100 days
- Inspection finds peeling walls at US plant that ruined 15m J & J doses
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Hospitals across northern India, including in the capital, Delhi, have issued notices to say they have only a few hours of medical oxygen required to keep Covid-19 patients alive.
More than two-thirds of hospitals had no vacant beds, according to the Delhi government’s online data base and doctors advised patients to stay at home.
India’s media has reacted with understandable despair at the devastating new wave of the virus sweeping the country.
The Hindustan Times, a large English-speaking daily, said “World’s worst outbreak” on its front as the country racked up a new global record for new daily cases of almost 315,000 on Wednesday.Continue reading...
Show Full Content